Subject: Migration from Redmine to GitLab

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 23:28:12 +0200

Hi Alpine lovers,

We have just realized the first step in migrating services into the
GitLab self hosted ecosystem.
We imported all issues and users (with some exceptions) from Redmine
into GitLab.
The exception is that only users who have content linked to their
account on Redmine will be migrated.
If you ever created an account and did not create any content you will
have to re-create your account.
To be able to login into GitLab with your previous account you will
need to reset your password at [1]

As mentioned, this is only the first step of a bigger migration. What
we currently are planning is:

- Move Github PR's to GitLab MR's to no longer depend on Github
- Move Drone Cloud CI to GitLab CI (we still need to get some extra
hardware for more exotic architectures)
- Move other git.alpinelinux.org repositories into the GitLab instance
- Make GitLab the origin for main Alpine repositories (making
git.alpinelinux.org a mirror)

You can find our GitLab instance at https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org

1. https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/users/password/new

---

From: Tuan Hoang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 04:35:27 +0200

> 1. https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/users/password/new

Great work ! Thanks a lot Carlo, especially for Drone CI and Gitlab work.

I believe CI will make everyone's life better. Regarding s390x
architecture, CI hardware will be coming as soon as next few weeks.

CC Mike, ppc64le maintainer.

Tuan