Subject: static qemu-arm(-static) and others

From: "J Larkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 06:49:57 -0800

Natanael,

Could you please add the static versions of the qemu-[arch](-static) to the
builds.
These are SOOO useful for cross arch chroot testing. 

Use them all the time in Debian, really miss them when testing in Alpine.
Some kernels do not to need host static binaries in the chroot, but that's
been a crap shoot in my experience.

Thank you,
J Larkin

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 17:59:44 +0100

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 06:49:57 -0800

> Could you please add the static versions of the qemu-[arch](-static) to the

what do you mean "to the builds"?

> These are SOOO useful for cross arch chroot testing. 

yes they are. But I think all the qemu-$arch are static. those are not
useful when dynamically built so we only build those static.