Subject: [alpine-devel] upcomming alpine-1.7.29.1

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 07:58:56 +0100

Hi,

I am working on an 1.7.29.1 bugfix release.

A list of fixes:

- if you had ipsec-tools-cvs and upgrade, you would lose packages after
reboot. This is fixed by not bail out if packages are missing during
boot and by adding an empty meta pacakge ipsec-tools-cvs with
ipsec-tools as only dependency.

- apk_glob faied if the apk db is uncompressed. This is fixed.

- if you hadd foo-1.0 installed and did 'apk_add foo-1.1.apk' (without
the -u option), apk_add wrongly try to install it in parallell with the
1.0 version, causing bad things to happen. This is fixed.

- ipp2p in xtables-addons was broken and did not work at all. I reverted
to old ipp2p and iptables for now. We tested that the newly released 1.7
version too but it was also broken.

- acf (web interface): new version of plot. the realtime network graph
should work better on firefox. log tail should work better in firefox.

- quagga 0.99.11 is broken. Someone reported checksum algorithm was
broken. I had some bgp routes that got mysteriously lost. I applied a
patch from quagga git that reverted the checksum algorithm and hope for
the best.

The release will be out the nearest days.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Harry Lachanas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:01:38 +0200

> I am working on an 1.7.29.1 bugfix release.
Hi there,

How about a fresh tiny howto download the correct source tree and build 
the stuff locally?

The tree that I've downloaded was broken.

Harry.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:03:02 +0100

> The tree that I've downloaded was broken.

Well, I'm trying really hard to get rid of the gentoo build environment
and its currently only there so i can ship fixes.

It means that i want to ship alpine-1.8 "stable" and focus all the
efforts on new build tree with updated toolchain and alot simpler to set
up build env.

The new build env can so far:
* build itself from scratch
* boot (from sata/scsi cd too)

Still lacks lbu commit and stuff due to work on new apk-tools.

I'd prefer spend time on writing howto for new build env.

-nc

---

---

From: Harry Lachanas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:06:54 +0200

> Still lacks lbu commit and stuff due to work on new apk-tools

I presume U are trying to build something like Leaf Bering-uClibc does.

Downloading the source collection tree, build from scratch without 
chroot needed ??

Harry.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:35:19 +0100

> I presume U are trying to build something like Leaf Bering-uClibc does.

iirc they have some xml based stuff?

I'm bulding that is very simliar Arch Linux
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ABS_PKGBUILD_Explained

big difference is my scrips (APKBUILDs) works with busybox ash.

> Downloading the source collection tree, build from scratch without 

No x-compile, and alpine has a "hardened" gcc that turns on ssp and pie,
even for pacakges that does not respect CFLAGS variable. It support
natvice compile from alpine so you need an alpine chroot/vserver/virtual
machine.

I am in the middle of trying move to new apk-tools. Once i got the build
tree work more or less stable with new apk I'll seee if i can get some
documentation done.

But setting up a chroot/vserver is fairly simple.

Have a look at this script.
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/setup-buildozer-chroot

(please note that packages are built against uclibc-0.9.30 so they will
not work with the 0.9.28)

once in chroot you can:

sudo apk_add git && git clone git://dev.alpinelinux.org/aports

-nc

---

---

From: Harry Lachanas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:22:46 +0200

> http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/setup-buildozer-chroot
Ok I 've executed the above script
> sudo apk_add git && git clone git://dev.alpinelinux.org/aports
and this .......

Now what ???? :-(
Trying to figure out the new build env ....

> -nc
I've found a lots of dirs in /aports with cyclic dependencies ....
Where do I start from .... ??

Sorry for being a pain ....

Cheers
Harry.

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:44:57 +0100

> Help:         [email-masked]

Hi Harry,

To get you going we have written some documentation on our wiki, you
can find it here:

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Documentation#Alpine_1.9.x_build_system

Its not complete but its enough to get you going. If you have more
questions you can always visit us on freenode #alpine-linux,
#alpine-devel and of course on this mailing list.

carlo

---