Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine Linux infrastructure: bugtracker

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:01:31 +0100

So, we come to bugtracking.

Timo and Nathan and me wants to try mantis. Carlo wants redmine and have
already started set up one.

Things I fear/dont like with redmine:

* It does it all. I want use cgit for the git repositories. probalby we
want mediawiki (or docuwiki) for documentation.

* Its ruby on rails. A language I'm not familiar with. I fear its slow
and heavy.

Things that I think might be possitive:
* once its set up we dont need to look for a wiki for official site. so
it seems to do the job for us.

* active development

* Carlo have already a demo running. noone have managed to set up mantis
yet.

* good email integration? havent looked to close to it though.

Maybe we can turn off things like timekeeping etc to make it simpler?

I suggest we turn off all features and enable things when we need/want
them. Better to have few used features than tons of unused ones.

Carlo, would you like to take the lead for bugtracker? You are already
doing a very good job.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:56:25 +0100

> Carlo, would you like to take the lead for bugtracker? You are already

I dont mind setting it up on my vserver install, I will try that this
weekend if my gf allows me to :).
My prefered setup will be:

* redmine
* ruby
* rails
* fcgi
* lighttpd
* sqlite

I'm not sure how well sqlite will scale on this setup, I will need to
check. Another issue we have with sqlite is no way of doing HA. We
could think of solutions in the future which would request remote
database access, although we could probably fix this with a SOA
solution.

I Also see ruby as something i prefer not to use. I have no experience
in ruby and no experience in setting up rails, its just that i like
redmine that much that I'm willing to invest some free time in it to
get it running. So if anybody has ruby knowledge inhere go ahead and
jump on the train.

---

---

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 17:36:42 -0500

> already started set up one.

Thanks to cameron banta, I have mantis running.

http://willow-bt.tetrasec.net/

If you create an account and I recognize you, I'll grant you admin rights.

This is just a sandbox, so feel free to break it.

Its running php-fcgi with lighttpd, against a mysql database engine, on 
a 1.7GHz Intel P4 with 1 ide drive; for performance measurements.

(And yes, its alpine 1.9)

> Carlo, would you like to take the lead for bugtracker? You are already

I second that.  Carlo, don't think I'm trying to step in your place.

I'm moving on to dokuwiki and (ahem) mailing list archives now. :-)

---

---

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:50:43 +0200

> http://willow-bt.tetrasec.net/

Tried creating an account, but never got the password e-mail.

> This is just a sandbox, so feel free to break it.

We probably do need anonymous access too; at least read-only for browsing
bugs.

- Timo

---

---

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 09:42:48 -0400

> Tried creating an account, but never got the password e-mail.

Timo's mailserver didn't like willow. :-)

> We probably do need anonymous access too; at least read-only for browsing

Done.  See "login anonymously" link on main page.

http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/mantisbt:enabling_anonymous_access

(note to self:
follow the instructions exactly.  If you add a real-name to the account, 
logins are disabled, and everyone uses that user - with no provision to 
login. )

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:12:57 +0100

> Help:         [email-masked]

If anybody wants to try latest redmine 0.8.2 installed on  alpine 1.9,
you can try here:

http://redmine.nethq.org

carlo

---