Subject: [alpine-devel] postgres 8.2 or 8.3

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:06:15 +0100

Hi,

I saw on IRC that  you had some issues with postgres 8.3.

Do you think we should switch to postgres 8.2? I don't think there any
1.9 postgres installations in production so I don't think it would be a
big problem to go back.

It's not always good to stay on the bleeding edge :-/

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:40:13 -0400

> I saw on IRC that  you had some issues with postgres 8.3.

Its a postgres problem with the upgrade from 8.2 -> 8.3, not an 
alpinelinux problem.

> 1.9 postgres installations in production so I don't think it would be a

Nah.  the upgrade from 8.2 -> 8.3 is painful no matter when you do it - 
so we have to deal with it at some point.

> It's not always good to stay on the bleeding edge :-/

Actually, I like 8.3 so far. :-)  and I LOVE 1.9 :D

---