Subject: [alpine-devel] xorg on alpine

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 09:35:27 +0200

Hi,

I have been working on getting xorg running on my spare time. I finally
got the xorg (xf86-video-vesa) with fluxbox running.

http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/2009-05-16-070906_1280x720_scrot.png 

(mind the slow site)

It is a webkit based webbrowser called midori. I had to disable pax for
that test.

rdesktop seems to work too.

Be aware that many of the video driver packages needs to be recompiled
with lazy binding. Run 'scanelf -Rb /usr/lib/xorg/' to check. It should
say "LAZY" and not "NOW".

I suppose I need a terminal and wifi and I can start use alpine as my
primary OS on my laptop.

I will try get xfce and slim up and running next.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---