Subject: [alpine-devel] fundamental changes in base packages

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:50:03 +0200

Hi,

Just a heads up. I am moving most of the init.d scripts out from
alpine-baselayout. Most scripts, including mdev and config comes in a
new package called busybox-initscripts. modloop and hwdrivers goes to
openrc.

This will probably give some conflicts while upgrading. To safely do an
upgrade do the following:

1. make backup of your configs ('lbu package' is good for that)
2. upgrade alpine-baselayout
3. upgrade the rest.

There is also a new meta package called alpine-base which depends on the
base packages for a minimal system.

I also bumped alpineb-baselayout to beta1, now that those changes are
done. We are getting closer an alpine 1.9.0 beta...

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---