Subject: [alpine-devel] naming lua packages

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:25:41 +0200

Hi,

Been thinking abit on the lua package modules naming. We have all perl
modules prefixed with perl- (for example perl-xml-simple) and all php
modules prefixed with php- (for example php-mysql).

So I was wondering if we maybe should rename all lua packages to be
prefixed with lua-. that is instead of luasocket we call it lua-socket,
instead of json4lua we call it lua-json. Instead of 'md5' we call it
lua-md5.

This makes it easy to search for lua modules:

apk search lua-*

Will let you find things like lua-processcall and lua-bitlib. It is not
that obvious that 'bitlib' is a lua library.

drawback is that names does not correspond with upstream names.

I suppose we will still keep an empty meta package with old name for
compatibility.

we let things be as they are or we change naming standard for lua
packages? opinions?

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---