Subject: [alpine-devel] reorganize aports dirs before 1.9 beta

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:10:27 +0200

Hi,

So I finally think I figured out how to get rid of the linux-*-sources
packages and put everything needed to build third party kernel modules
with linux-*-dev packages.

I think we basicly are ready for a beta release and start focusing on
bugfixing and get 1.9.0 out.

There is one bigger change I have been thinking of that I would like
some feedback about.

I would like to move all aports/core/* and aports/extra/* to aports/ 

That is, the package subdirs are found i first level, without the
core,extra subdirs. Then would I like to move the testing stuff to
another repo (or maybe a branch) and the x11 dir to a separate git repo.

That meanst that the concept of core and extra disapears, and x11 is a
separate git repo.

I'm telling this here now since this change should not happen after we
got beta released and this will make big changes in your trees.

Thoughts?

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---