Subject: [alpine-devel] preparing the wiki for 1.9 release

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:05:53 +0200

Hi,

So I have an 1.9 release done and uploaded. I will annouce it very soon.
Before that I would like to have an emergency cleanup of the web page
and I am very thankful for any ideas you might have.

Some things interesting things i noticed:

* http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Special:PopularPages
gives a pretty good indication what people does on the site.

Looks like people are actually clicking on the links in the left menu,
trying to figure out what alpine is about.

I think the main reasons people visit the site is:
1. Find out what alpine is
2. download alpine
3. find documentation (setting up bittorent client and sattelite link
seems to be popluar)

* I suggest the following changes to the menu to the left, the main
menu:
We remove, Ideas, Todo and roadmap. Its not maintained. roadmap is much
better handled with redmine.

ACF? what is ACF? we migh need change the name of that link on the front
page.

Add an "About" link.

* front page ideas
I want have 1 sentence what alpine is and a "read more" link that points
to "About" (which also should have a link in the main menu)

Easy download, preferrible only one dowload button or similar.
"Download alpine <latest version>" small link to mirrors page.

Links to: Documentation, Contact info page (mailing lists, irc etc.
should we call this "Community"?), Link to bugtracker. Link to git.a.o.

Other ideas? (that is practically do-able within hours)

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---