Subject: [alpine-devel] status of alpine linux x86_64

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:27:37 +0100

Hi,

Just a small status report on the 64 bit port.

I found out that Firmware Linux provides precompiled native toolchains
for a respectable number of arches, including x86_64. Since abuild is a
shell script that works in busybox, i started to play with building
things from the aports tree.

First i built patch. no problem

Then i tried to build uclibc with our config. Unfortunally, linuxthreads
(new) does not have x86_64 support

So we can either use x86_64 with linuxthreds.old, which have a number of
issues that non-trivial to fix - or just post-pone the 64 bit til we
have uclibc-nptl working.

I think I'll go for the latter. Get NPTL working.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---