Subject: [alpine-devel] RE: [acf] How to install alpine on btrfs

From: "Wei Liang(David)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:56:48 +0100

Hi Ted,
    Thank you very much for the reply.I then also copy this letter to the [email-masked] list.
    Here is some detail. I have set up a VOIP server using Alpine and Asterisk,and this server has worked well for monthes. But we recently need to change the hard disk since it is not very stable, I would like to re-install the system to a btrfs instead of the ext3. But after searching in both alpine wiki and google, I found no document for installating alpine with root filesystem using btrfs, and that why I am writing. 
    I really love this distro,it's the best one I've ever used for a VOIP server.
    Thank you.

敬礼 | Med venlig hilsen | Best regards

David Wei

________________________________

From: Ted Trask [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 2011年2月25日 21:40
To: Wei Liang(David); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [acf] How to install alpine on btrfs

You should probably have sent this request to [email-masked] instead of here, since the question is not ACF related. But anyway ...

Sorry, but documentation is an area that we are working to improve.

I know that several are actively using Alpine Linux for VoIP applications, and it is one of our focuses. We have packages for Kamailio, Freeswitch, and Asterisk (if not more). You didn't give much detail as to what you were trying to do, but you could take a look at the following docs to get some ideas:

http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/Kamailio
http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/2600hz
http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/Freepbx_on_asterisk
http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/Freepbx_on_Alpine_Linux
http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_Zaptel/Asterisk_on_Alpine

As I was not involved in writing/testing these docs, I can't vouch for their accuracy :( but they are a starting point.

Ted Trask

________________________________

From: Wei Liang(David) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Fri, February 25, 2011 2:10:03 AM
Subject: [acf] How to install alpine on btrfs

Hi , 
        I want to install alpine to a very old computer using btrfs as a VOIP server. I have been searching the internet but no manual for Alpine linux. 

        Is there any reference for this ? 

敬礼 | Med venlig hilsen | Best regards 
David Wei

---

From: Ted Trask <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:24:25 -0800 (PST)

Glad to hear that you like Alpine Linux. Now that I see that your question is 
about filesystems, and not VoIP, I'll let someone else answer. I don't know 
anything about btrfs.

Ted

________________________________
From: Wei Liang(David) <[email-masked]>
To: Ted Trask <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]
Sent: Fri, February 25, 2011 8:56:48 AM
Subject: [alpine-devel] RE: [acf] How to install alpine on btrfs

How to install alpine on btrfs  
Hi Ted,
    Thank you very much for the  reply.I then also copy this letter to the 
[email-masked] list.
    Here is some detail. I have set up a VOIP server using  Alpine and 
Asterisk,and this server has worked well for monthes. But we recently  need to 
change the hard disk since it is not very stable, I would like to  re-install 
the system to a btrfs instead of the ext3. But after searching in  both alpine 
wiki and google, I found no document for installating alpine with  root 
filesystem using btrfs, and that why I am writing. 

    I really love this distro,it's the best one I've ever  used for a VOIP 
server.
    Thank you.
敬礼| Med venlig  hilsen | Best regards
David Wei

You should probably have sent this request to [email-masked] 
instead of here, since the  question is not ACF related. But anyway ...

I know that several are actively  using Alpine Linux for VoIP applications, and 
it is one of our focuses. We have  packages for Kamailio, Freeswitch, and 
Asterisk (if not more). You didn't give  much detail as to what you were trying 
to do, but you could take a look at the  following docs to get some ideas:

As  I was not involved in writing/testing these docs, I can't vouch for their  
accuracy :( but they are a starting point.

Ted Trask

Hi , 
        I want  to install alpine to a very old computer using btrfs as a VOIP 
server. I have  been searching the internet but no manual for Alpine linux. 

        Is there  any reference for this ? 
敬礼|  Med venlig hilsen | Best regards 
David Wei