Subject: [alpine-devel] Documentation Assistance

From: "Matt Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 01:11:41 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

For the upcoming Alpine Linux 2.2 release, we need to check and update
the documentation for the following items (ordered by importance):

Installation and Configuration

Generally speaking, this includes: RAM-/HDD-based installations,
configuration and maintenance.  More specifically, this includes:
all of the setup* scripts and/or the setup process, date/time,
networking, unicode, openrc, and apk-tools.

FAQs and Contribution Info. Pages

See what needs to be updated.  (Should be relatively quick to
go through these.)

Tutorials and Howtos

If you've got them, post them.  Check the existing tutorials
to see if they still work, could be updated, etc.

Development Pages

Obviously this isn't a priority for the 2.2 release, but we need to
go through the development pages, add to or improve them to the best
of our knowledge and iron out any remaining kinks.

As a reminder, if you know of a bug that's not listed on the bugtracker,
or spot one there that you can fix, please lend a hand.  We also need
people to test the recently-built ISOs for any issues.

Let us know if we missed an item.

Thanks,
Matt

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:55:30 +0200

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 01:11:41 -0500 (CDT)

> the documentation for the following items (ordered by importance):

Sorry late reply.
Good nice work on this!

the list is now tracked on bugtracker:
http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/589

I moved the items to subtasks, so it should be easy for anyone pick up
one item, read trough the related docs and post a comment on the
specific issue.

Many of those are very simple so basicly anyone can contribute here.

Comments from non-programmers are specially appreciated since
programmers tend to think "differently" than end users.

Thanks!

-nc

---