Subject: [alpine-devel] [PATCH] mkinitfs/initramfs-init.in

From: Dubiousjim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:47:43 -0400

I don't have a sendmail set up on this machine yet, so I'm copying the
patch into my webmail client by hand. It's just a single word change.

The problem is that a change to the mkinitfs repo on Feb 27
(f484b3e3db48123ce44666b54e2c297cac8b4fea) restricted the KOPT_ settings
to a whitelist of arguments. Perhaps this was related to the recent
syslinux
update. Anyway, it missed one needed variable, related to the booting
from encrypted volumes. Of course I got bit by this, helping me to sniff
the problem down. :-)

diff --git a/initramfs-init.in b/initramfs-init.in
index 3c05f81..3fdae56 100755
--- a/initramfs-init.in
+++ b/initramfs-init.in
@@ -286,7 +286,7 @@ echo "Alpine Init $VERSION"
 # acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"
 eval set -- `cat /proc/cmdline`

-myopts="alpine_dev autodetect autoraid chart cryptroot debug_init dma
init_args
+myopts="alpine_dev autodetect autoraid chart cryptdm cryptroot
debug_init dma init_args
        keep_apk_new modules ovl_dev pkgs quiet root_size root usbdelay"

 for opt; do

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:17:52 +0100

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:47:43 -0400
Dubiousjim <[email-masked]> wrote:

> syslinux update.

Yes.

> Anyway, it missed one needed variable, related to the booting

Aw... Sorry about that. I did a grep KOPT_ to make a list of all
references but I must have messed it up while moving things around.

>         keep_apk_new modules ovl_dev pkgs quiet root_size root usbdelay"

Pushed to edge. Should be included in mkinitfs-2.4.4-r1

Thanks for tracking it down.

Sorry!

-nc

---