Subject: [alpine-devel] .gitignore suggestion on exclude git-format patch files

From: "Mika Havela" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:48:56 +0000

WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file that I send to this list (see attached file).
I don't want 'git status' to care about this file because it's just a patch I send to you.
So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.

<<mhavela>>

From 1d062972105ed57d8309bf38d724ac187c7b1af6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Mika Havela <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:39:13 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] .gitignore: Suggestion on howto exclude 'git format-patch' files

---
 .gitignore |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
index 9ef5555..bc4af7c 100644
--- a/.gitignore
+++ b/.gitignore
@@ -4,3 +4,4 @@
 src
 pkg
 pkg-*
+000*.patch
-- 
1.6.2.5

---

From: Michael Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 00:56:43 +0000

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Mika Havela wrote:

> WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file  
> that I send to this list (see attached file).

Patch Applied.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/

> <0001-.gitignore-Suggestion-on-howto-exclude-git-format.patch>

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:23:29 +0200

> > <0001-.gitignore-Suggestion-on-howto-exclude-git-format.patch>

Please revert this patch (or I will not be able to pull your tree) as it
will break the build tree. This effectively forbids any APKBUILDs use
any 000*.patch files. Run a 'find -name '000*.patch' in your tree and
you will find which packages it will break.

That said, nothing prevents Mika to have those changes in *his* tree.
Just be aware of what you really are doing.

Other option is that Mika use 'git format-patch -o'.

-nc

---

---

From: Michael Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:02:32 +0000

> you will find which packages it will break.

Thanks for the heads up. Reverted changes.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/commit/?id=e2b5ba4617a752900656a2d239c4f0bcc6a073d4

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:59:53 +0200

> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/commit/?id=e2b5ba4617a752900656a2d239c4f0bcc6a073d4

I merged your tree.

I took the liberty to change the pgcluster versino number to 1.9.0_rc5.
That way apk-tools will know that 1.9.0 is newer than 1.9.0_rc5.
(Otherwise apk-tools would believe that its newer)

Also removed depends in some of the packages, while there. With abuild
1.15 and newer we dont need add dynamic linked depends as abuild will
detect those himself.

-nc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:13:17 +0200

> So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.

cannot have that in gitignore since we cannot guarantee that there are
no 000*patch files in aports tree that should be there

for example:
./core/linux-grsec-sources/0001-linux-2.6.28.5-ipgre-strict-binding.patch
./core/linux-grsec-sources/0002-linux-2.6.28.5-ipgre-optimize-hash-lookup.patch

-nc

---