Subject: [alpine-devel] APK sources ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:28:16 +0200

Hello all,

First, please scuse-me for my bad english, I'm not used to speak in  
this language.
I installed recently Alpine Linux on a home-server, and it's really  
stable and powerfull. The server works perfectly.

But i'm also a linux "fanatic", and i have an old computer with a LFS on it.
Now, i want to use a package manager to manage easily my packages  
which are installed on this computer.

I'm interested in ARK package manager because i find it efficient and easy.
Is it possible to obtain ARK sources ? Can I modify it ?
On what is based ARK ? from scratch ?

Thanks.
Nic.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:31:15 +0200

[email-masked] a écrit :

> Now, i want to use a package manager to manage easily my packages which
> are installed on this computer.
>
Oups !
I wanted to say : APK and not ARK :-/

Sorry.

---

---

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:24:19 +0300

> I wanted to say : APK and not ARK :-/

Nice that you find it useful. :)

APK is written from scratch to suit Alpine Linux needs. Mainly being
small and fast. Also to have .tar.gz compatible file format.

Like all of Alpine sources, they are available at git.alpinelinux.org.

Apk utilities itself:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/apk-tools/

And the tools to build apk packages.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/

Cheers,
  Timo

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:44:35 +0200

> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/
Thanks for your quick answer !
I'm going to study this with interest.
What are exactly APK dependencies ?

Cherrs,
Nic

---

---

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:49:34 +0300

> What are exactly APK dependencies ?

Currently it's standard C-library, zlib and openssl. Openssl is only
needed because we wanted to use hardware acceleration for SHA1
calculations. If executable size becomes issue, openssl dependency is
removable with small amount of work.

If http repositories are used, it executes wget (GNU or Busybox). But
are thinking that we might make apk depend on libcurl instead.

- Timo

---