Subject: [alpine-devel] I messed up the cgitrc config

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:41:06 +0000

Hi,

I was looking into let cgitrc automatically figure out the developer
repos and let the developers themselves be able to set the section and
description for their repos.

So I started to play around with cgitrc on the old, slow, cgit server -
except that it was not the old server but the new one, the one we use
in production. It means that the git.alpinelinux.org is messed up.

Sorry.

So, it means we will have to start with new cgit config right away.

The idea is that in /gitroot/*.git, we have all the official, team
maintained repositories. For each developer we create a symlink
/gitroot/$USER -> $HOME/cgit. It means that each developer can manage
his own set of repos and configure the description and section himself.

A developer aports.git repo will show up as $user/aports.git instead of
aports-$user.

Each developer needs to create a $repo.git/cgitrc file with atlease a
description.

Example:
Old /gitroot/aports-ncopa.git moves to /home/ncopa/cgit/aports.git
Create the /home/ncopa/cgit/aports.git/cgitrc file with the following
contents:

section=Test
desc=Natanaels test aports repo

I have also a /home/ncopa/cgit/test.git repo with
the /home/ncopa/cgit/test.git/cgitrc:

section=Test
desc=Natanael's test repo

You can see that those 2 repos shows up on the
http://git.alpinelinux.org page under "Test" section.

I will move the aports-$user.git repos to /home/$user/cgit/ so you will
have to update your checked out repo's origin .git/config

Questions?

Suggestions?

Again, sorry for messing up the production cgit repos.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:52:19 +0000

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:41:06 +0000

> desc=Natanaels test aports repo

An update on the above. Lets put the description in the git generated
'description' file instead of adding desc=... to cgitrc.

So, the example above:
 
section=Test

Replace the contentes of /home/ncopa/cgit/aports.git/description with:

Natanaels test aports repo

-nc

---