Subject: [alpine-devel] saving space on build servers

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 08:36:29 +0100

Hi,

The disk usage on our shared x86 build server was up to 82% (~ 320G)
so I thought we might do something to keep disk usage down a bit.

There is lots of diskspace that could be saved by just cleaning the src
and pkg dirs from builds. I think saving src a few days might be good
since its handy when debugging things. The pkg dir could probably be
deleted dirctly after apk package creation its same contents anyways.

Here is the cron script I added to my ncdev box. I have added a similar
script for build-edge.

$ cat /etc/periodic/daily/clean-aports 
#!/bin/sh

aports=/home/ncopa/aports
find $aports -maxdepth 3 -type d \( -name src -o -name pkg \) -mtime +7\
	| xargs rm -r

After running those script in ncdev and build-edge the disk usage went
down to 68%, ( ~256G). So simply removing temp files saved us for 64G.

I'll modify abuild to clean the temp build dirs by default.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---