Subject: [alpine-devel] new edge snapshot, 110310

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:55:22 +0100

Hi,

I just uploaded an alpine-edge snapshot v110310.

It contains the new kernel based on 2.6.37.2 and it contains the
updated setup-alpine script which also lets you set up apk repos. (those
were included in previous snapshot which was broken due to busybox
klogd).

The setup-disk scipt is also updated to handle lvm, btrfs, ext4 etc.
Mount your filesystem on some temp dir, for example /mnt and then run:

  setup-disk /mnt

setup-disk should then set up things properly.

It also has experimental support for create/upgrade CF/usb directly
from http (for tmpfs setups)

To create a new bootable CF:

  setup-bootable http://$mirror/path/to/alpine.iso /dev/sda1

To upgrade a tmpfs system running from sda1:

  setup-bootable http://$mirror/path/to/alpine.iso /media/sda1

Target can be both a mount point (i.e /media/usb) or a device
(i.e /dev/sda1)

It would be nice if you guys could test the above and give feedback.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:28:21 +1000

Should this run under Virtualbox 4.0.4?

http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v2.1/releases/alpine-2.1.5-x86.iso

--markc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:47:29 +0100

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:28:21 +1000

> http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v2.1/releases/alpine-2.1.5-x86.iso

I would expect it to run under virtualbox, even if I personally never
have tried that. Would be interesting to hear how it goes.

The edge snapshot I was talking about is found here:
http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/releases/x86/alpine-edge-110310-x86.iso

and here:

http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/releases/x86_64/alpine-edge-110310-x86_64.iso

---