Subject: [alpine-devel] new edge snapshot, 110314

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:16:20 -0500

hi,

a new edge snapshot has just been uploaded - 110314.  it bumps the
kernel to 2.6.37.3-r0 and includes updated firmware packages.

other new features include kernel mode switching (KMS) enabled by
default and unicode framebuffer support as well as all bugfixes in the
base packages between 110310 and 110314.

you can download the edge snapshot at the following URLs depending on
which port you wish to use:

x86:
   http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/releases/x86/alpine-edge-110314-x86.iso

x86-64:
   http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/releases/x86_64/alpine-edge-110314-x86_64.iso

please *please* test this release as it is a little bit larger than the
old install media due to the inclusion of KMS, framebuffer and the
switch to linux-firmware.git as our firmware source.

- nenolod

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:25:03 +0100

> switch to linux-firmware.git as our firmware source.

Upgraded my old nb with ATI card and works nicely. Switching between
console and X also works.
Also upgraded my vmware guest and also seems to work like it should.

-carlo

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:46:43 +0100

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:16:20 -0500

> base packages between 110310 and 110314.

I upgraded my mini hp 2133 (chrome9 graphics) from edge but a few
seconds after lxdm starts up it just hangs. I upgraded to lastest
grsecurity patch but problem is still there.
 
-nc

---