Subject: [alpine-devel] quiet/verbose boot options and initramfs

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:39:43 +0200

Hi,

I have a question about the "quiet" kernel boot option.

Currently, we boot in quiet mode, which means kernel does not print
anything to console. It also means that the init progress is not
printed, ie the messages like:

* Waiting for USB device to settle: ok.
* Loading boot drivers: ok.
* Mounting boot media: ok.

etc...

So to get the above messages, you need to remove the "quiet" boot
option. But then you get lots of kernel messages as well.

I would like to have a mode here you see the above messages but not the
kernel messages.

So I wonder if anybody has an idea how we do that.

We can probably not use the "quiet" option for the initramfs progress
messages as it enables/disables kernel messages.

We add a "verbose" option? Does not make sense to run both "quiet" and
"verbose".

Other ideas?

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---