Subject: [alpine-devel] alpine-desktop iso image

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:48:14 +0200

Hi,

Noticed that alpine-desktop iso image got autobuilded with 2.2 rc1.

Does anyone have time, energy or interest in fixing alpine-desktop iso
image? I will not have time to fiddle with it. Should we remove it or
disable it from autobuilding with releases?

Since we are in a (soft) freeze we can probably rely on that
alpine-desktop meta package does not change unexpectedly anymore. A few
things i noticed when testing the iso:

* udev package is missing (due to udev/libudev split?). add it as
  dependency for alpine-desktop?

* slim got replaced with lxdm. The apkovl should start lxdm instead of
  slim. (seems like it supports autologin as well)

* the /home/liveuser dir was missing. Add it to /etc/lbu/include?

* add the liveuser to sudoers (maybe with NOPASSWD?)

* Set the default root password to something sane. (can we have it
  blank?)

* When I tried browser icon i got prompted for what brower I want to
  use. Could we pre-config that so it automatically opens the only
  browser we ship?

* should we set hostname to something else than 'localhost'? alpine?

* I'd like to have the networking config as follows:
  - The /etc/network/interfaces should only have 'lo'
  - The other interfaces should be managed with dhcpcd
  - The /etc/dhcpcd.conf should have the option 'background' enabled.
  - maybe we need rc_after="networking"?
  - add /etc/init.d/dhcpcd service to default runlevel

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---