Subject: [alpine-devel] alpine-2.3 build boxes up and running

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:33:11 +0200

Hi,

I'd just like to inform that the build-2-3 and build64-2-3 build bots
are up and running. It means that you now can use v2.3 as repository for
testing alpine-2.3.

alpine-2.3 RC1 images will be out shortly.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Kevin Chadwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 23:21:38 +0000

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:33:11 +0200

> alpine-2.3 RC1 images will be out shortly.

You've probably noticed but figured I'd run it by yous anyway.

Seems to install and work fine but I get the following messages at the
end of the install from 2.3 RC1 cd.

WARNING: Root device is not specified in /etc/update/extlinux.conf

awk: /proc/mount: No such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to detect root device

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:43:48 +0200

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 23:21:38 +0000
Kevin Chadwick <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I'd just like to inform that the build-2-3 and build64-2-3 build
> > bots are up and running. It means that you now can use v2.3 as
> > repository for testing alpine-2.3.
> > 

Yeah, its the update-exlinux script that does not work very well in a
chroot (i.e apk add --root /some/root ...). Then setup-disk generates
its own extlinux.conf (thats why it works).

We should fix setup-disk so it generates a proper update-extlinux.conf
instead.

Thanks for testing and reporting!

-nc

---