Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine Linux 2.3.0 released

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:42:49 +0100

Hi,

The Alpine Linux team is happy to announce the immediate release of 
Alpine Linux 2.3.0, a major release.  This release introduces several 
new features, including:

- A new Linux kernel based on 3.0.
- GCC 4.6.
- Improved setup scripts with tools for helping configure local config 
backup location and package manager cache.
- Preliminary support for booting from encrypted LVM partitions.
- Busybox has been upgraded to version 1.19.2 with shell history search 
(with ctrl-r).
- Unbound DNS resolver with DNSSEC support.
- setup-bootable now uses UUID by default.
- Better multi-ISP support in pingu with support for ppp and dhcp 
using.
- PostgreSQL has been upgraded to 9.1.
- Kamailio has been upgraded to 3.2.
- "apk search" now does wildcard search by default.
- New ISO image for iSCSI targets: alpine-scst.

A copy of these release notes can be found at 
http://alpinelinux.org/node/6841.  Full changelog can be found at 
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/log/?h=v2.3.0 and a full listing 
of bugfixes can be found at 
http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/projects/alpine/versions/28.

Get it from:
http://alpinelinux.org/downloads

Thanks to everyone who have been submitting patches, done testing and
reported bugs. We couldn't have done it without you!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---