Subject: [alpine-devel] Kernel 3.2 pushed to edge

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:12:35 +0100

Hi,

I have pushed the 3.2.1 kernel to edge and done some cleanup in the
config. Some notable changes:

- Default charset for FAT has changed to utf8. This should probably
  have been done long time ago.

- xattr for squashfs was enabled

- IOMega ZIP drives, PCMCIA SCSI, CAN subsystem, CAIF sysbsystem,
  Power Supply drivers, Voltage and regulators and Dallas 1-wire
  support was disabled.

- The XENFS and XEN_DEV_EVTCHN is compiled as a module instead of
  statically in kernel.

The dahdi-linux-grsec and open-vm-tools-grsec didn't build against 3.2
kernel so they are disabled for now.

Please let me know if some of the above changes breaks things for you.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Florian Heigl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:17:19 +0100

hi,

>  Power Supply drivers, Voltage and regulators and Dallas 1-wire
Is that "pmbus"?
Can we keep that as a module?

I can try and find out if I have a system that supports it. Until now
I didn't have a kernel recent enough to do PMbus support...

Flo

-- 
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and
copied by the kvm devs.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:44:10 +0100

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:17:19 +0100

> >  Power Supply drivers, Voltage and regulators and Dallas 1-wire

no.

ncopa-desktop:~$ apk info -L linux-grsec | grep pmbus
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/max8688.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/ucd9200.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/ucd9000.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/zl6100.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/max34440.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/max16064.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/pmbus_core.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/adm1275.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/ltc2978.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/pmbus.ko
lib/modules/3.2.1-grsec/kernel/drivers/hwmon/pmbus/lm25066.ko

pmbus looks like hardware monitoring something.

> Can we keep that as a module?

yes.

-nc

---