Subject: [alpine-devel] snapshot 120403 uploaded

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:11:28 +0200

Hi,

The development snapshot alpine-edge-120403 should be available for
download within the nearest hour.

http://alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/edge/releases/x86/alpine-edge-120403-x86.iso
http://alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/edge/releases/x86/alpine-edge-120403-x86.iso.sha256

http://alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/edge/releases/x86_64/alpine-edge-120403-x86_64.iso
http://alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/edge/releases/x86_64/alpine-edge-120403-x86_64.iso.sha256

This snapshot contains the linux-grsec-3.3.0 kernel with all its glory.
We will use the 3.3.y kernels for alpine v2.4.

Please test.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Roger Pau Monné <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:31:58 +0100

> We will use the 3.3.y kernels for alpine v2.4.

Hello Natanael,

Could we also make xen LiveCDs snapshots? I would like to assure that
everything is ok, and I know that some people is also interested on
this.

Thanks, Roger.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:25:00 +0200

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:31:58 +0100
Roger Pau Monné <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > This snapshot contains the linux-grsec-3.3.0 kernel with all its
> > glory. We will use the 3.3.y kernels for alpine v2.4.
> 
> Hello Natanael,
> 

There is still needed to do some work on the xen init.d files. I just
have not had time for it and currently I'm on vacation.

I do intend release xen release candidates as soon I got the v2.4 build
servers up and running, together with the vserver and mini release
candidates.

-nc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 05:03:23 +0200

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:25:00 +0200
Natanael Copa <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > The development snapshot alpine-edge-120403 should be available
> > > for download within the nearest hour.
> > >
> > Could we also make xen LiveCDs snapshots? I would like to assure
> > that everything is ok, and I know that some people is also
> > interested on this.
> 
> I do intend release xen release candidates as soon I got the v2.4
> build servers up and running, together with the vserver and mini
> release candidates.

I have pushed updated init.d scripts to edge. Will you be able to give
them a test run or do you need a snashot iso images before the release
candidates (which should be out within a couple of weeks)?

Thanks!

-nc

---

---

From: Roger Pau Monné <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 21:27:47 +0100

> candidates (which should be out within a couple of weeks)?

I can do the testing, but I think it will also be good to generate
some xen edge images, so other people can also test it (before the
release candidates are out).

Thanks, Roger.

---