Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine Linux 2.4.0 RC1 is out

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:11:55 +0200

Hi,

The first release candidate for Alpine Linux v2.4 is available for
download.

http://alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/v2.4/releases/

Please test!

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Der Tiger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:05:46 +0200

Hi Natanael,

Nicely done! kernel 3.3.3  8-) , dhcpd, dhcpcd, bind and asterisk 10.3
are running smoothly.

Since I am currently busy working on another package, I'd like to ask
you to apply the patch stated below in order to prevent mini_httpd from
crashing during boot. I am new to GIT and still figuring out how to
commit properly. Meanwhile, I'll have to rely on your help.

Thanks! Kind Regards, Tiger

--- /etc/init.d/mini_httpd
+++ /etc/init.d/mini_httpd
@@ -4,6 +4,7 @@
 # $Header:
/var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/www-servers/mini_httpd/files/mini_httpd.init,v
1.2 2007/08/26 21:20:21 bangert Exp $
  pidfile=/var/run/mini_httpd/${SVCNAME}.pid
+logfile=/var/log/mini_httpd/${SVCNAME}.log
  depend() {
     need net
@@ -12,9 +13,11 @@
  start() {
     ebegin "Starting $SVCNAME"
+    checkpath -d ${pidfile%/*}
+    checkpath -d ${logfile%/*}
     start-stop-daemon --quiet --start --exec /usr/sbin/mini_httpd \
         --pidfile $pidfile -- -i $pidfile \
-        ${MINI_HTTPD_OPTS:--C /etc/${SVCNAME}.conf -l
/var/log/mini_httpd/${SVCNAME}.log}
+        ${MINI_HTTPD_OPTS:--C /etc/${SVCNAME}.conf -l $logfile}
     eend $?
 }

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 21:52:37 +0200

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:05:46 +0200

> Nicely done! kernel 3.3.3  8-) , dhcpd, dhcpcd, bind and asterisk 10.3

Great! Thanks for testing!

> you to apply the patch stated below in order to prevent mini_httpd
> from crashing during boot. I am new to GIT and still figuring out how
> to commit properly. Meanwhile, I'll have to rely on your help.

Will look at it tomorrow. Thanks!

-nc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:46:51 +0200

> +++ /etc/init.d/mini_httpd

I'm gonna resolve this in slightly different way. I will fish out the
log file from mini_httpd.conf with awk. I will also move the config
to /etc/mini_httpd/mini_httpd.conf (using pre-install/upgrade scripts
and create compat symlink so upgraders won't notice anything)

Thanks!
-nc

---

---

From: Der Tiger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 21:57:11 +0200

ReHi Natanael,

> log file from mini_httpd.conf with awk.
Good idea! Wherever the log file is configured, please make sure the
path actually exists, for otherwise mini_httpd will unavoidably crash.

---