Subject: [alpine-devel] rsyslog and exim issues

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:14:07 -0400

Rsyslog:  I prefer to use rsyslog to sysklogd and found that when I replaced
alpine's sysklogd with rsyslog that hostnames were missing for some logs
sent to remote servers; I tracked this down to rsyslog starting before 
the hostname was setup.

Should /etc/init.d/rsyslog have a "need clock hostname localmount" clause
in the depend() like /etc/init.d/sysklog or does this interfere with other
usages?

Exim: the included exim.initd references /etc/exim/ as the location for 
exim.conf, but both the exim.Makefile and the APKBUILD use /etc/mail as
the location for exim.conf.  I'm unsure which reference would be preferred.

-dean takemori

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Leonardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:49:07 +0200

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 22:14 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:

I'm forwarding these comments to the respective maintainers, so that
they can look at them.

> in the depend() like /etc/init.d/sysklog or does this interfere with other

I think yes, we should add these depends.

> the location for exim.conf.  I'm unsure which reference would be preferred.

I think /etc/exim should be preferred. What are other distributions
doing? 

Also exim is still in testing. Please report whether it is working fine,
and please Jesse confirm that you can take care of maintaining it, so
that we can move it to main.

Thank you for looking into these issues.

- leo