Subject: [alpine-devel] abuild changes for .so dependencies

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 21:21:49 +0200

Hi,

I have pushed some changes in abuild that changes the dependency
tracing.

Earlier abuild would run scanelf to find NEEDED info in the elf
headers, find the .so file that corresponded, find what package
provides that file and add that package to 'depends'.

With current abuild and apk-tools, we add a 'provides' info into the
package and apk index, which contains so:$soname=$version and we then
say that we need so:$soname and then let apk-tools figure out what
package that provides that soname.

This should help us deal with ABI changes.

Since this is a new feature, that changes pretty much everything there
might be cornercases that might break. Please keep the heads up and
report back if anything breaks.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---