Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine 2.5.0 Release Candidate 1 is out

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:53:03 +0100

Hi,

I have tagged the first release candidate for Alpine Linux v2.5.0

For a random mirror:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/v2.5/releases

Please download and test!

Thanks!
-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Leonardo Arena <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:25:52 +0100

> Please download and test!

I have tested it under KVM, and did a basic HD installation. It works
fine. The only difference the I have found is the screen resolution in
console, that now is larger.

- leonardo

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:00:16 +0100

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:25:52 +0100

> console, that now is larger.

yes, the 3.6 kernel has KMS support for cirrus vga, which qemu
emulates. It is actually an annoyance for me as it breaks
qemu -curses. I can workaround by entering 'grsec cirrus.modeset=0' at
boot prompt.

I am considering setting modeset=0 in default /etc/modprobe.d/kms.conf
since I would expect that qemu alpine linux users would not be
interested in graphics.

-nc

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:46:38 +0100

Hi,

I just upgraded my dvb server to latest rc1. I am missing all the dvb
drivers from the kernel. Any reason for this?
I also noticed that edge is in my repository instead of v2.5. Is this
normal?
Did the fix for usb install and not applying apk cache sync get included?

-carlo

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:34:21 +0100

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:46:38 +0100

> drivers from the kernel. Any reason for this?

My mistake. I have started to say "no" to kernel config questions i am
not sure about. I have enabled those again.

> I also noticed that edge is in my repository instead of v2.5. Is this

No. It should have picked v2.5. What does the /etc/alpine-release say?

> Did the fix for usb install and not applying apk cache sync get

I seem to have lost it and forgotten about it. Sorry. Do you think you
could file a bug about it on bugs.a.o so its not gets forgotten again?

Thanks!

-nc

---