Subject: [alpine-devel] ARM support

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:58:51 +0300

Hi,

I'm trying to collect info on who are working on the ARM port, and what
the status of that work is?

I'm semi-interested on working it too...

I at least saw musl pushed to edge/main with arm arch specified, so at
least something seems to be happening. Is there working cross compiler
chain, or working alpine base image?

Basically, I just got raspberry pi and would be interested to run
alpine on it along with the video core stuff - should be now doable
with the open sourced shim. We still need to ship the binary blob for
videocore which implements all the interesting stuff... but the main
arm side can be compiled from scratch. Additionally we'd need the
patched kernel, so getting grsec might not be feasible.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
 Timo

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Jeff Bilyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:23:36 -0400

I've done a couple attempts at building uclibc based alpine on ARM, but I
didn't end up with a completed toolchain yet.  My progress was documented
on my user's talk page on wiki.alpinelinux.org, but I paused when musl work
was commited to the aports tree.

-- 
Jeff