Subject: [alpine-devel] syslinux 6 discussions on ArchLinux mailing lists

From: Dubiousjim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:05:57 -0400

For reference, here are links to some threads on Arch mailing lists
about Syslinux 6. May be useful.

https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2013-June/003224.html
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-June/025127.html
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-June/025129.html

-- 
Dubiousjim
[email-masked]

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Dubiousjim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:17:14 -0500

I just applied a backlog of upgrades to my laptop, which has an encrypted
root volume. I discovered that the initramfs that got created didn't
include all the libraries that cryptsetup needs, so I couldn't boot. I'm
not sure whether the correct fix is to:

1. Tell mkinitfs to install the additional libraries to the initramfs.
This can be done by adding the following line:

    /lib/libpthread*.so*

to the end of /etc/mkinitfs/files.d/cryptsetup.

Or:

2. Make cryptsetup build without depending on the threading library, as
I presume was the former behavior. I don't know whether this can be done
with current versions, or if it can, whether it's desirable.

-- 
Dubiousjim
[email-masked]

---

---

From: Dubiousjim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:35:00 -0500

> with current versions, or if it can, whether it's desirable.

I should have checked the bugtracker before emailing, but this wasn't
listed there. Bug #2360 (which has been fixed) is similar, but involves
a different missing dependency.

I added this as Issue #2445.

-- 
Dubiousjim
[email-masked]

---