Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine 2.7.0 release candidate 5 is out

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:42:13 +0100

Hi,

I have uploaded the 5th release candidate of Alpine Linux 2.7.

The most noteworthy with this release is that the xen image got
xen-4.3.1. It appears to fix the issues with HVM domUs we had in
earlier releases.

It looks like we have some issues with setup-bootable though. xen boot
usb gets an error about not being able to load /boot/syslinux/mboot.c32

I will have to investigate that.

It would be nice if I could get some help in creating other boot USBs
and verify that they work.

Other than that, I think we are ready for a release!

Thanks!

 -nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:07:46 +0100

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:42:13 +0100
 
> I will have to investigate that.

So, the problem is that with newer syslinux (newer than 5.00) it uses
ELF as format for its modules. Those modules needs to be in same dir as
the syslinux.cfg. This means that we need to move syslinux.cfg
to /boot/syslinux/ (or move all .c32 modules to / which i dont like)

I wonder if we should let setup-bootable do that automatically.

Or maybe we should let setup-bootable detect this problem and exit with
error, giving a hint that it could be run with an optional -m arg (-m
for 'move syslinux.cfg')

-nc

---