Subject: [alpine-devel] startx doesn't initialize xauth correctly

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 01:26:14 +0100

Hi,

the default /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc ignores command line arguments
invoked from startx:

xxx:~# cat /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc 
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/X -nolisten tcp

Launching startx from the command line invokes xserverrc with display
name and -auth file, but both are ignored:

xinit /home/user/.xinitrc -- /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc :0 -auth /tmp/serverauth.fd4FKQvDkW
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this way, all local users are allowed to connect to the X server,
ignoring the xauth file.

If this isn't an intended/known behaviour, maybe we can add a $@ at the
end of the command line in xserverrc, or just remove this file and add
the "-nolisten tcp" in the defaultserverargs variable of startx.

Login managers (or at least slim) launches X directly with a correct
-auth param and thus aren't affected by this.

bye,
I.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---