Subject: [alpine-devel] new installkernel script

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:06:58 +0100

Hi,

Just a heads-up. I have implemented a new /sbin/installkernel script
and pushed it to edge. It will install boot images
as /boot/vmlinuz-$flavor instead of /boot/vmlinuz-$version-$flavor and
creating symlinks.

Reason is that we want support /boot on fat. It will make the ISO images
and boot USB more consistent with disk installs and it will make UEFI
booting simpler.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:59:46 +0100

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:06:58 +0100

> as /boot/vmlinuz-$flavor instead of /boot/vmlinuz-$version-$flavor and

It did break things. mkinitfs would fource create a symlink pointing to
versioned kernel image. I have pushed an updated mkinitfs.

If you use edge then make sure that you have /boot/vmlinuz-grsec as a
file and not a symlink pointing to a nonexisting versioned image. If it
does run: apk upgrade -U && apk fix linux-grsec

Sorry.

-nc

---