Subject: [alpine-devel] mkinitfs broken for uclibc edge

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:37:00 +0100

Hi,

The mkinitfs versions before 2.6.0-r2 in edge are broken on uclibc and
will make your system unbootable.

Please make sure you have mkinitfs-2.6.0-r2 or later before you reboot.

Sorry.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:50:38 +0100

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:37:00 +0100

> Please make sure you have mkinitfs-2.6.0-r2 or later before you reboot.

Its still broken! please don't reboot your edge boxes yet.

Still investigating.

-nc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:42:02 +0100

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:50:38 +0100

> Its still broken! please don't reboot your edge boxes yet.

Ok should be fixed with mkinitfs-2.6.0-r3

Please make sure that you have mkinitfs-2.6.0-r3 before rebooting.

If your root is on ext4 then you can verify that kernel module deps are
there with:

$ gunzip -c /boot/initramfs-grsec | cpio -t | grep -E 'fs/(ext|mb)'
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/ext2
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/ext2/ext2.ko
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/ext4
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/ext4/ext4.ko
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/ext3
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/ext3/ext3.ko
lib/modules/3.13.7-0-grsec/kernel/fs/mbcache.ko

If mbcache.ko is not there, it will not boot. If its there it should be
ok. (this was fixed in -r3)

Again sorry.

-nc

---