Subject: [alpine-devel] Switching to musl today

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:44:37 +0200

Hi,

It seems that we have resolved the blockers for the switch. We will
clean up the patches a bit and then I will once again test the musl
migration in a vm.

If nothing else shows up we will stop uclibc builders and let musl
builders take over for 'edge' later today.

Thanks!

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 04:40:39 -0500

Hello,

Can I request that the uClibc edge tree as it presently stands be
archived as edge-uclibc for a little while?

William

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:13:41 +0200

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 04:40:39 -0500

> archived as edge-uclibc for a little while?

Yes, that is the plan.

1) stop builders.
2) rename edge -> edge-uclibc
3) rename edge-musl -> edge
4) start edge builder

I would prefer not start up the uclibc builder again, but can do so if
anyone needs it. I will not fix builds that breaks on uclibc but works
on musl after that.

-nc

---