Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 2

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:48:56 +0200

Hi,

I have pushed Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 2.

This should fix the setup-apkrepos issue with the alpine mirror list missing.

It should also fix issue with ehci-hcd getting loaded late[1]. (and
causing use of only usb1 even if usb2 is present)

I know for sure that NFS server still does not work and I have not been
able to find out what goes wrong either. might be I'll delay this til
the resolver rewrite in musl libc. (I suspect its related getaddrinfo
and friends)

freeswitch is missing also, but I suppose we could backport it later.

I would really like to ship v3.0 this this week so if there are strong
opinions which bugs I should try fix before that, please let me know.

I would love to get some help with testing of physical hardware, boot
from usb and simlar. Testing of common applications (php, *sql etc)
would be nice too.

I can also mention that git.alpinelinux.org now runs v3.0 and I would
like to look into moving other of our infrastructure to v3.0 too -
soonish.

Thanks!

-nc

--

1: http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/2965

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: "Yves Schumann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 18:28:22 +0200

Hi @all

> I have pushed Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 2.

Nice!

> the resolver rewrite in musl libc. (I suspect its related getaddrinfo

Hm, without nfs I'm unable to build edge-packages because I'm using nfs
to store the built results. :-/ In my case it's nfs client.

> opinions which bugs I should try fix before that, please let me know.

You know my answer... ;-)

> from usb and simlar.

Tried this on an "Acer Aspire One" but unfortunately with no success.
Here are the details:

- Boot up the box with RC2 (mini- and full-version tested)
- setup-alpine
- Choose "sys" as installation method
- Choose "sda" as media
- Answered all question regarding existing partitions with "y"
- Reboot the machine after finished installation

Now I got the following output on boot:

SYSLINUX ...
WARNING: No configuration file found
boot: _

With the blinking cursor at the end and nothing is going on. After
booting the install disk again and mounted sda1 > /mnt/sda1 and sda3 >
/mnt/sda3, there seems to be something missing on sda1 because there are
only the files "ldlinux.c32" and "ldlinux.sys" and the folder "lost+found".

Kind regards,
Yves

PS: Shouldn't there be a proper replyTo-Header or something similar to
send an answer to the mailing list instead of the author of the answered
mail?