Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 3

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 16:30:16 +0200

Hi,

I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.

Unless there are some serious issues with it, I think I'll just ship
3.0.0 tomorrow.

It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical
hardware.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: "Yves Schumann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:58:48 +0200

Hi Natanael

> It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical

Installation of RC3 on VMware Workstation VM and on an Acer Aspire One
works now and the boot issue reported for RC2 went away. Great job! :-)

Kind regards,
Yves

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:44:24 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2014 09:58:48 +0200

> works now and the boot issue reported for RC2 went away. Great job! :-)

Very well! thanks for reporting back!

-nc

---

From: "Max R.D. Parmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 13:27:48 -0700

I didn't do a clean install but upgraded a Soekris NET6501 system up to rc3 via APK last night. No apparent issues except dnsmasq and fail2ban but didn't come up as per usual but succeeded when manually started.

Will experiment more with fail2ban.

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:43:18 +0200

On Thu, 29 May 2014 13:27:48 -0700

> I didn't do a clean install but upgraded a Soekris NET6501 system up to rc3 via APK last night. No apparent issues except dnsmasq and fail2ban but didn't come up as per usual but succeeded when man…

It could be that /var/run/<piddir> directory was missing and not
created at boot. If so, could you please file a bug on
bugs.alpinelinux.org with some more specific details?

thanks!

-nc 

---

---

From: "Nicolas S. " <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:25:17 +0200

Hi Natanael,

I validated the Alpine 3.0.0 rc3 with a fresh install on a Alix 2d3 
routeur.
Works perfectly too by importing a 2.7 apkovl.

Regards,

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:43:53 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2014 09:25:17 +0200

> Works perfectly too by importing a 2.7 apkovl.

good! thanks for feedback!

-nc

---

---

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:53:48 -0400

> I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.

Tried RC_4 with a dmvpn setup, something's up with GRE

  * Loading iptables state and starting firewall ...iptables-restore 
v1.4.21: unknown protocol "gre" specified
Error occurred at line: 141

Line 141 is:   [0:0] -A INPUT -i eth0 -p gre -m policy --dir in --pol 
ipsec -j ACCEPT

And

  * Loading ipsec policies from /etc/ipsec.conf.
line 2: invalid upper layer protocol at [gre]

Line 2 is: spdadd 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 gre -P out   ipsec 
esp/transport//require;

I tried loading any netfilter modules that included "gre" in the name, 
but still no joy.

---

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 08:09:11 +0300

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:53:48 -0400
Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I tried loading any netfilter modules that included "gre" in the
> name, but still no joy.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a musl getprotobyname() issue. I
will look at it.

I have not bothered testing dmvpn yet, since the kernel is known to be
broken too. The fixes made it to 3.14.5, so we should be able to fix
things on that part for next release.

-Timo

---