Subject: [alpine-devel] Small scripts that may be useful for aports development

From: Isaac Dunham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:39:38 -0800

Hello,
I've got a few small scripts that I find useful for working on the
aports tree.

The first is "git-import", a trivial script I use when I want to start
creating a patch series that takes care of setting up a new git 
repository in one line.

The second is "apkcheckin", which is probably the most useful one.
It will update checksums in APKBUILD, then source the APKBUILD and
make sure that all local sources get committed; at the end, it starts
a text editor with a commit message that approximates the standard 
style (eg, "testing/physfs: new aport", 
"testing/otter-browser: upgrade to 0.9.04-dev46").
This avoids a few of the common mistakes in preparing patches;
I wrote it after leaving some patches out of "fix build" commits.

The last is "uncruft", which attempts to fix some of the more 
frequently encountered bits of unportability. It's worked right on 
the occasions when I have used it, but I'd suggest only running it
when you can review the alterations made.
I usually use it and git-import when I'm fixing build errors:
abuild; abuild clean fetch unpack prepare
git import src/*/
cd src/*/
for f in $FILELIST; do uncruft $f; done
git diff
cd -
abuild build

Hope these are useful to someone.
Isaac Dunham

---

From: Orion <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:16:16 -0800

I'll play with them tonight. Looks good.

Orion

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---