Subject: [alpine-devel] migrate to new website

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:01:23 +0100

Hi,

I would like to move to new website ASAP.

I have already fixed many things that I got feedback on.

Current site looks like this: http://wwwtest.alpinelinux.org/

I think what is left to move it to production is:

- fix date timestamps on git commit (might involve parse the xml with
  lua-expat instead of current xstl hack)

- fix the downloads page. it needs to look better and have info about
  what the difference is. Ideas are welcome.

- fix link to bugs. should give the bug list directly

- add a date on each news page. eg.
  http://wwwtest.alpinelinux.org/posts/Alpine-3.0.6-released.html

I know a lot more could be improved but for now I only want do minimum
required to put it in production.

Once the above is done the plan is to:
- move the wwwtest.a.o instance to Carlos box

- point www.a.o to it.

- rename current drupal site to forums.alpinelinux.org or similar

- remove frontpage, and news articles so only forums and package browser remains.

Anything else?

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: 7heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:10:51 +0100

Hey,

Quick feedback:

The header "selected" (blue div or whatever) doesn't behave the same way 
on home and the other "tabs". On home, it ends at the blue line, on the 
rest, it goes beyond it. Firefox 33.1 and 33.1.1 as well.

If it is intended, it might be worth considering having the same 
behavior on all "tabs".

My two cents.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 20:11:20 +0100

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:10:51 +0100

> If it is intended, it might be worth considering having the same 

Not intended. I have not taken the time to investigate how to fix it
and have decided consider it as an artistic "feature" :)

-nc

---

---

From: 7heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:00:43 +0100

Then, the fix is:

in /styles.css at line 102, replace

     padding: 3em 1em 3.2em 1em;

by

     padding: 3em 1em 2.7em 1em;

Done :)

7heo.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:26:53 +0100

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:00:43 +0100

>      padding: 3em 1em 2.7em 1em;

Cool... though, I think I would have preferred that the the selected
tab would go beyond the blue line on the frontpage just like it does on
the others...

Probably better that what it currently does.

Thanks!

-nc

PS. you can git clone and create patches too if you want:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/ncopa/mksite-alpine/

To build the site you need:

git clone git://git.alpinelinux.org/ncopa/mksite-alpine
cd mksite-alpine
apk add lua-discount lua-yaml lua-lustache make xsltproc
make
busybox httpd -p 8000 -h _out/

and connect to http://localhost:8000

> >> The header "selected" (blue div or whatever) doesn't behave the
> >> same way on home and the other "tabs". On home, it ends at the
> >> blue line, on the rest, it goes beyond it. Firefox 33.1 and 33.1.1
> >> as well.
> >>

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:53:32 +0100

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:26:53 +0100
> apk add lua-discount lua-yaml lua-lustache make xsltproc

libxslt was the correct. I have rplaces the xsl with a lua script. The
new deps are:

lua-discount lua-yaml lua-lustache make lua-feedparser

---

---

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:43:44 -0600

There are a few minor issues shown here:

https://html5.validator.nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwtest.alpinelinux.org%2F

 - Jeff

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:49:14 +0100

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:43:44 -0600

> https://html5.validator.nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwtest.alpinelinux.org%2F

fixed. thanks!

-nc

---