Subject: [alpine-devel] Errors updating an alpine edge system (ext2 /)

From: Isaac Dunham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:02:32 -0700

I've been encountering some unexpected behavior with an Alpine Linux "edge"
system  (/ on ext2, "vanilla" kernel package) in the last week or two.
Essentially, a series of package upgrades error out with complaints like:
ERROR: Failed to set xattrs on usr/bin/python2.7.apk-new: Not supported
ERROR: python-2.7.9-r4: Not supported

Any ideas what the issue is or how to fix it?

Attaching a short log of the problematic packages.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:03:12 +0300

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:02:32 -0700
Isaac Dunham <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've been encountering some unexpected behavior with an Alpine Linux
> "edge" system  (/ on ext2, "vanilla" kernel package) in the last week
> or two. Essentially, a series of package upgrades error out with
> complaints like: ERROR: Failed to set xattrs on
> usr/bin/python2.7.apk-new: Not supported ERROR: python-2.7.9-r4: Not
> supported
> 

Latest apk-tools should no longer complain about this. Please make sure
you tried with apk-tools-2.6.0_rc3.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---