Subject: [alpine-devel] Re: udev replacement on Alpine Linux

From: FRIGN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 09:42:46 +0200

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 21:11:41 -0300
Alan Pillay <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hey Alan,

> [smdev] smdev is an even simpler implementation of a device manager by
> the well-known suckless developers. If it is mature enough, certainly
> a high contender.

any things regarding smdev can be directed to me. I'm glad to see it
taken into account.
For the interested reader, the official git-repository[0] and the
website[1].
Let me know if there's anything you need added to smdev, and I'll
happily discuss it with the team.

Regarding the discussion, I'd like to point at nldev and nlmon[2], also
in-house developments, which work on top of smdev and replace udevd
and udevadm.

Cheers

FRIGN

[0]: http://git.suckless.org/smdev/
[1]: http://core.suckless.org/smdev/
[2]: http://core.suckless.org/nldev

-- 
FRIGN <[email-masked]>

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---