Subject: [alpine-devel] Time to drop foomatic-filters?

From: Isaac Dunham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:28:43 -0700

Hello,

It appears that foomatic-filters has been merged into cups-filters
as of a year and a half ago.
But we have a package in testing/ from before then.

Unless we intend to support busybox lpd (currently disabled), lprng
(not packaged), gnuspool (not packaged), or some other printing system,
it would make sense to delete this package.
If we want to support an alternate printing system, it would make sense
to rebuild it without cups support and conflict with cups-filters.

foomatic-db-engine would also need rebuilding, with the dependency
switched to cups-filters and dependencies on perl and possibly bash
added.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:01:56 +0200

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:28:43 -0700

> switched to cups-filters and dependencies on perl and possibly bash

This is finally done. I purged foomatic-filters.

Thanks!

---