Subject: [alpine-devel] Re: Few notes about alpine

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 22:11:35 +0200

Hi,

I forward to the devel mailing list.

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 09:29:15 -0300
Isadora Souza <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello Mister Copa.
> I have a few comments about alpine in general.
> 
> 1) On http://alpinelinux.org/ the "Latest Development" list isn't
> updating anymore like it did on the past. It stopped working on
> August.

Yes. I rebooted the server and forgot to set the sync service to
autostart. This is now fixed. thanks.

> 
> 2) On http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Cups it says "Warning: This
> manual no longer working anymore". I need to use CUPS to print stuff.
> Since you are the maintainer of this package, could you please add an
> updated guide on how to print using alpine linux CUPS?

Any volunteers to do this?

> 3) grsecurity announced stable patches won't be publicly available
> anymore. Will does affect alpine in any way?

Yes. It affects Alpine. We used the stable patches are reference for
our own port of the grsec patch. We also cherry-picked various of the
upstream security fixes that Grsecurity patch included too.

We are still working on a solution for this.

> 4) I posted some time weeks about texlive not working correctly, since
> then there have been some improvements, but the errors remain.
> Can't locate mktexlsr.pl in @INC
> There are 2 issues here, I think. First
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/ isn't in the @INC path, it's
> //texmf-dist/scripts/texlive that is in the path.
> Second, mktexlsr.pl isn't inside
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/ for some reason.
> Do you think you could help with this?

Anyone else volunteering? I had s short look at this earlier. Does not
look trivial to fix. (might be it is and I a just missing something
obvious)
 
> Thanks a lot for all the hard work on Alpine, I hope it keeps getting
> better and better (and simpler, less complex, faster, leaner, etc.).
> Keep on going!

I second that. A big thanks for everyone doing hard work to make an
awesome distro.

-nc
 
> 
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> With love,
> Isa.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---