Subject: [alpine-devel] ARM builds

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:31:10 +0200

Hi,

While we are currently going to first fix 3.3 release, I'm already
doing some planning for 3.4.

One thing I'd like to get decided is if we need more arm build variants?

The most important addition being armv7 that defaults to thumb2+armv7 ?

I believe thumb2 would give probably smaller binaries (and thus better
cache use), and armv7+ build target would enable other optimizations
due to better instruction set available.

The current armhf is armv6 in ARM-mode with hard float. If we do armv7,
it might be that rpi1 would be the only user for armhf build -- or are
there other armv6 boards? Could we consider obsoleting armhf build if
armv7 is done?

Thanks,
Timo

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---