Subject: [alpine-devel] (#4887) do I need to provide a patch for the kernel configuration?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 20:26:52 +0100

Hello,

I would like to make my point heard, the Alpine kernel is built without
certain functionality which is both important and inexpensive to provide.

The coda.ko kernel module for Debian's 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel
weighs 36416 bytes. This is about .00012 (1/8500) of the size
of the Alpine installation ISO.

I assume this not a case of a misdirected optimization but rather an
omission, merely because Coda is not widely known/understood.

I was pleasantly impressed by Alpine's compactness and ease of
installation. That's why I am speaking here, to make it usable for me
and others as-is, without rebuilding.

The omission as reported in the issue 4887 is very cheap/easy to fix,
a one-line change in the kernel configuration. What can I do to make
this happen?

Regards,
Rune

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 12:22:14 +0100

> and others as-is, without rebuilding.

Thanks Natanael for the fix, appreciated!

Regards,
Rune

---