Subject: Re: [alpine-devel] Maintaining unmaintained.

From: Leo Unglaub <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:30:36 +0200

Hey,

> If noone has any objections, these could be purged in order to clean
> things up a bit. Is there anything you'd like to keep, or better
> still, pickup and maintain?

i think the only package in there worth keeping around would be
Thunderbird. It clearly needs an update, but i feel thats the package
with the highest demand. (Right after Rust ;) )

Greetings
Leo

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:40:59 +0200

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:30:36 +0200

> with the highest demand. (Right after Rust ;) )

I also think that thunderbird might be nice to have. However, nobody
has bothered actually doing anything about it for 2 years and I think
to make it build you would likely need to start over from scratch.

So I think we can just remove it.

-nc

---

---

From: "V.Krishn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 06:32:55 +0530

> to make it build you would likely need to start over from scratch.

Just for info, 
https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/files/2016/04/Finding-a-Home-for-
Thunderbird.pdf

-- 
Regards.
V.Krishn

---

---

From: Leo Unglaub <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:06:09 +0200

Hello,

> to make it build you would likely need to start over from scratch.

you are right. Starting from scratch or using the Firefox package as a
starting point are good choices. Because they are very smilar.

Greetings
Leo

---