Subject: [alpine-devel] "provides" function in APKGBUILD?

From: Jens Staal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 15:32:52 +0100

Hi

I was going to package a wine-staging package and perhaps patch firefox
to stop its conflict with firefox-esr to block alpine-desktop by
letting firefox also provide firefox-esr.

What I would need is something similar to Arch linux PKGBUILD variable
"provides".

I looked at the APKGBUILD wiki info at
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package#APKBUILD_variables.2Ffunctions
but I could not find any similar variable.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:12:46 +0200

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 15:32:52 +0100
Jens Staal <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi
> 
> I was going to package a wine-staging package and perhaps patch
> firefox to stop its conflict with firefox-esr to block alpine-desktop
> by letting firefox also provide firefox-esr.
> 

There has been stub for this in the APKBUILD reference. I updated it to
contain the basic info now:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/APKBUILD_Reference#provides

Cheers,
Timo

---