Subject: [alpine-devel] modemmanager-dev and libmm-glib-dev

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 19:43:43 +0200

Hi,

I noticed that the modemmanager aport has a separate libmm-glib-dev
subpackage. I wonder why it needs to be separate from our traditional
modemmanager-dev?

I know that we for some packages make exception, like libpq and
libmysql may make sense to have separate -dev package for, but in this
case it seems that libmm-glib-dev needs to depend on modemmanager-dev:

> ...
> checking for LIBGEOCLUE... yes
> checking for ModemManager... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (mm-glib >= 1.0) were not met:
> 
> Package 'ModemManager', required by 'mm-glib', not found
> 
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> 
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ModemManager_CFLAGS
> and ModemManager_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> ...

Can we simply drop the libmm-glib-dev package and put all the
development files into modemmanager-dev, like we do with the rest of
our aports?

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Stuart Cardall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 04:04:26 +0100

Hi,

I've moved the libmm-glib-dev files into modemmanager-dev & changed the
$makedepends in networkmanager & network-manager-applet:

https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/1624

Stuart.